SAINT ARCHANGEL MICHAEL SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH
- Sarma (Serbian Stuffed Cabbage)-In Serbia, Sarma is cooked by using sour cabbage leaves, ground beef meat, rice and seasonings. Sarma rolls are slowly simmered for a long time in large pots with lard and layers of smoked pork, seasoned with vegetable seasoning, bay leaves and paprika. Some family recipes include finishing sarma by baking it in an oven which gives it distinctive flavor. Sarma is one of the staple meals for festive occasions like Christmas, New Year, Easter, birthdays, family saint patron’s day (Slava) etc.
- Cevapi (Mini Sausages)-Is a grilled dish of minced meat, a type of skinless sausage, found traditionally in the countries of southeastern Europe (the Balkan region).They are considered a national dish in Serbia.
- Sopska Salata (Shopska Salad)-Is a cold salad made from tomatoes, cucumbers, onion/scallions, raw or roasted peppers, white brine cheese, parsley, olive oil and oregano.
- Balkan Pita -Made of thin, handmade filo-dough, cottage cheese, and eggs. Common food across the Balkan region.
- Raznjici (Meat and Vegetables Skewers)- Popular Western Balkan specialty of grilled meat on a skewer. Traditionally made from chicken, beef, or pork and vegetables.
- Lepinja (Balkan Flat bread)-Is a soft, slightly leavened flatbread baked from wheat flour.
- Baklava -Is a rich, sweet pastry made of layers of filo, filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup or honey. It is characteristic of the cuisines of the entire Balkan.
- Vanilice (Mini Vanilla Cookies)-Is a type of traditional small cakes in Serbia, often present at the celebrations of New Year, and Christmas. It is made from white flour, lard, eggs, vanilla bean, sugarand filled with plum jam.
- Kuglice (Sweet Truffles)-Mini sweets made from chocolate, nuts, coconut and cookie crumbs.
- Palacinke (Crepes)-With Eurocrem spread (milk and chocolate spread with hazelnut from Serbia) orjam.
- Oblande (Wafer)Cakes made from waffle, milk, walnuts and sugar. Oblande are made into biscuits with cream flavoring sandwiched between them.